Monday, February 6, 2012

Hope.

Last night was a big win for Giants fans and a Mets level disappointment for the Pats. Unfortunately for me, I am an Eagles fan, so while I got to enjoy what will no doubt be considered a classic Super Bowl, I didn't have an emotional stake in the game. It got me thinking though, seeing so many fellow New Yorkers get to watch a championship, how great it would be to see the same for the Mets. I spend a lot of time on this blog talking about how bad the Mets are, how poor are our numbers and how we have no chance of winning anything in 2012. While all that remains true, last night's Giant victory is making me want to embrace hope, more than WRC and UZR and everything else that tells us how bad the Mets are, hope tells us to screw it all and believe anyway and that's exactly what I plan to do in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment