Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'm worried.

With each day that passes I am getting more and more worried that the Mets aren't going to resign Dickey. At this point my theory is that they are waiting for Dickey to win the Cy Young when his trade value will be at it's absolute highest then move him to another team. Most reports seem to indicate that the Mets will seek 1-2 near major ready prospects for the Dickster.

Frankly this just dosen't make sense to me. I am a big believer that we can never bet on something happening we haven't seen happen before. As a full time knuckeballer R.A. has had three stellar seasons, all well above the typical age in which pitchers regress. Now after his best season yet people are starting to say that 38 is too old and he will now start to regress. The evidence just isn't here to support this. 38 is old for a baseball player but not really all that different than 36 or 37. Knuckleballers typically pitch into their 40's and their is no reason to believe that Dickey wont have 5-6 more productive years and even that his best years may be ahead of him.

I also have to say that at this point I am not all that interested in prospects. Dickey is a major league ace right now and will be for a few more years. The odds we trade him for anyone that will ever put up numbers similar to his is incredibly low.

I just don't know what I will do if the Mets ditch Dickey. He is without a doubt my favorite Met of all time and seeing him another team would be brutal. Let's keep up hope he will be a Met for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment