Monday, December 3, 2012

Please don't trade Dickey.

Please don't do this. I want it offically noted for the record right now that if we trade Dickey, it will blow up in our faces. My belief is that Dickey has 3-5 years of dominant pitching left in him and will in all likelihood be much more productive than any second tier draft pick we get for him. Dickey is as close as a team can come to a dream signing. He is an elite level player, a no drama, good clubhouse guy and a draw for the fans who can be had for a bargain basement price because of his age and salary history. Whoever signs Dickey will be getting one of the best values in recent baseball history, please let it be the Mets.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't know what it is, but there is just such a unique bond that Dickey has created with fans like me and you. I'd rather keep him and let him play out the year, possibly offering him arbitration, than to trade him for 2-3 prospects.

    The only case would be if we were to get a Gio Gonzalez type haul, but i'm 99.99999% confident no team will do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Derway, I cant even full explain it but the bond with Dickey is so strong, I just cant imagine not watching him pitch ever 5 days.

    I agree some kind of mega trade would make me happier but almost no one could replace Dickey in my mind. It's funny im simultaneously mad that they might try and even more mad that he isnt getting valued high enough in trade deals.

    ReplyDelete